I never thought I’d still be watching the Syracuse Orange play men and women’s basketball in April. In fact on Selection Sunday I was preparing myself for the worst. But when we heard Syracuse called our house was overjoyed and we started to believe again.
Tonight is one of the big games. If you are watching or not here is a great snack to nibble on right around halftime. This is Sandro’s specialty and it’s quite easy but quite tasty.
- Pizza Dough
- Olive Oil
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
- Minced garlic
- Add the following per your preference:
- Make this easy on yourself and buy some pizza dough at your local bakery or grocery store
- Grease a pizza tray with olive oil
- Let the dough rise
- Spread the dough into a circle on the pizza tray as if you are making a pizza
- Spread the pizza sauce or olive oil to cover the dough - you can choose according to what you are making.
- Add the ingredients on top of the pizza dough, always top off with mozzarella - do not overcrowd it as you need to roll this into a log.
- Some ideas for your stromboli:
- Garlic, Ricotta and mozzarella
- Sauce, Pepperoni, Sausage and peppers and mozzarella
- All veggies - mushrooms, peppers, onions, olive oil and garlic and mozzarella
- Sauce, sausage, peppers and onions and mozarella
- Ricotta, pepperoni, and mozzarella
- Roll the dough a couple of turns, fold in the sides and finish rolling. Set on the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and bake until golden brown on the outside.