This is a nice twist on a caprese salad. It’s a great side for your 4th of July Barbecue and easy to make. Actually I could make a whole meal out of this with a hunk of Italian bread! We enjoy caprese throughout the summer!
This caprese insalata is the go to salad all summer long!
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 2 heirloom tomatoes – yellow
- 1 container of fresh mozzarella balls – Sorrento makes these and calls them Ciliengini
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut the grape tomatoes in half and chop the heirloom tomato into smaller pieces.
- Dry the mozzarella balls off and add them to the tomatoes.
- Tear the basil into small pieces and add to the tomato mozzarella salad.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste and add a generous amount of olive oil – mix, eat, enjoy!
- Have a nice piece of Italian bread ready to dunk up the olive oil. Oooo so good!